Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crystal Meth Abusers are Stupid

Hello, and welcome to an ongoing series that I should have started right after my, "Meth is Alright," post.

I'm an addict. Meaning I'm addicted to CMA. (I will use this as the acronym for Crystal Methamphetamine as Crystal Methamphetamine is a pain in the arse to type out loud) (oh, did I just write, "... type out-loud?")

The abuser doesn't do the basics of humanity any justice. Like: combing or brushing his or her hair. Taking a shower. Brushing their teeth. Including flossing and at least, the very least, mouthwash.

Force yourself to eat something besides sugar packets. Like a piece of pizza. Cold is a good temperature for food to be ingested at the CMA level. Breakfast Burritos at McDonald's have a good texture and for your temperature of food needs, it operates at a both 'hot n' cold' setting.

So, with basic hygiene, we solve a lot of problems that CMA causes. Like: greasy hair, pimples where there were no pimples before, and maybe you could stop picking at your face and just wash it for once. Go take a shower. A cold one. A warm one. A hot one, especially. That will get rid of all the snakes underneath the skin for you.

If you have trouble eating while on CMA, I can empathize with that. It is very difficult to eat anything.

But!!!


Your body needs food. And not eating for three days will rob you of essentials you go through out your day as a 'normal' functional member of society. If not eating, then try protein shakes. Slim Fast works, too. I have used that and it definitely is a meal replacement. Though, I try not to live solely on liquid meals. Tends to soften one's stool a little too much. Ahem...

Also, drink plenty of water and especially real fruit juice. I recommend buying frozen cans of juice because they are often under a dollar a can and can provide many glasses of real sugar (glucose) to your immune system that needs to fight off those open sores you keep picking at.

Mix it up. I buy six cans of all different flavoured juices, with one double, usually Cranberry because I hate it because it tastes the worse but I think it helps the most. You would be surprised how long a frozen container of Orange juice lasts. What I do, is not mix it a big container. I let the frozen can sit in the fridge, then take the top off, pour enough to make a glass full of juice; in a glass; and then add water.

A little juice goes a long way into giving you those Gatorade electrolytes that you need so badly when you've been up all night, writing blog posts like this one. Ahem.

Like I said, I'm an addict. I don't like being addicted to CMA. It is not anybody's idea of a fun time. But... But, I am learning control of it. I have learned that three weeks without it is not the end of the world but the beginning of one where I don't have to give in to my cravings for it.

I am stronger than my drug of choice. I am learning to live without it and it's a struggle. So, please, friends and family, know that I am trying and that I have greatly reduced my allotted money for CMA by less than half.

That's right! From $780.00 a month to $320.00. I think I'm on the road to wellness.

Peace and God Be With You. Whatever that something that keeps you going; well, I call it god. It's simple, short, and with the lower case 'g'; easily palatable.

No comments: